REGENTS PARK VILLAS
One of three new villas in Regents Park built over the last three years. Garbot decorated all three internally and externally. The externals were painted in Crown Classic Stone Gloss on the walls. The Dulux paint system was used on the wood and metal work. The interiors were decorated with Dulux and Sandersons emulsion on the plaster work. A Dulux eggshell finish was used on the woodwork.
ST. MARY'S CHURCH, EALING
Specialist work on this project included adding polychrome decorations to the columns, restoring the lettering, painting gilt stars on the chancel ceiling, and polishing to the pulpit and gallery panelling. We received a civic award for the decorations to this church.
There has been a church on this site for hundreds of years. A new church was opened on Trinity Sunday 1740 which was transformed from a simple building to a Byzantine shrine by the architect S S Teulon in 1860 and reopened in 1866.
The redecorations at St Mary’s church in Ealing carried out by Garbot replicated this ornate splender.
The finishes included polychrome painting to the columns, stencilling, sign writing, and gilding and French polishing.
WADHAM COLLEGE CHAPEL, OXFORD
The ceiling in the chapel at Wadham College Oxford was thought to be painted until we started to wash off the candle smoke and dirt which had accumulated over 150 years. It soon became apparent that under all the dirt there was a beautiful hand grained finish. The specification was changed so that where the ceiling had previously been poorly repaired the damage was made good and two coats of varnish applied. The walls where due to be redecorated with lime wash but during the 60’s they were decorated with emulsion paint which cannot be over painted with lime wash. The specification was changed to wash down make good and paint with Classidur a paint formulated especially for old buildings where dampness is a problem.
ALL SAINTS CHURCH DULWICH
The Lady Chapel ceiling at All Saints Church in Dulwich
All Saints Church is a Grade 1 listed building designed by George Fellowes Prynne and built 1888-1897. It was destroyed by fire in June 2000 and reopened in April 2006.
Garbot Ltd. carried out the decorations as sub-contractors to Killby & Gayford Ltd.
The paint for the plaster and the general timber surfaces was Farrow and Ball. Polished timber, which included six of the ceilings, was stained, sealed and two coats of lacquer were applied. The Cormadex paint was used for the gantry and the woodwork adjacent and part of the gantry were finished with Cortex paint. Exposed steel beams were primed, two coats of Brosteel applied and Flameguard applied as the finish.
BISHOPS GATE - CITY OF LONDON OFFICE BUILDING
As part of our contract to decorate prestgious offices in the city, we hung digital photographic wallpaper. One in each of the five meeting rooms, of well known bulidings or monuments in London. Great care was required to ensure no joints are visible and a perfect surface was acheived before the wallpaper was hung. The other walls were decorated in eggshell.
As sub-contractors to Frereck Sage Ltd we re decorated all of the external surfaces of No. 7 . Before we began work it was in the same condition as No.6.
Working as sub-contractors to Killby & Gayford we carried out extensive re decorations to the Girdlers Hall in the City of London. This ceiling was finished with matt emulsion and the cornice was prepared and decorated with eggshell before stippling by our specialist decorators and finished with a glaze.
St JOHN'S WOOD
Recent decoration works were carried out at a private residence at West Heath Road
Extensive internal painting and decorating was carried out to the following rooms, master bedroom, dining room, hall and staircase, conservatory, kitchen and basement. All ceilings, picture rails, cornices and freezes were painted throughout.
External decorations were to all windows doors and pebble dash bands.
Osterley Park, Middlesex
Built by John Adams in the 18th century Osterley House was described as the palace of palaces.
Over the last fifteen years Garbot have worked, directly for the National Trust and sometimes through Cardin & Godfrey architects on the north, south and west elevations to the main house. Included in our contracts were the extensive repairs to the portico, replacing defective doors which could not be repaired, overhauling the windows, and cleaning out gutters and replacing bird repelling spikes.
We have also redecorated the John Adams Garden House with lime wash on the walls and lead based paint on the woodwork. The four cottages situated in the grounds of the park have also been redecorated by Garbot with Sikkens paint.
Claydon House Buckinghamshire
Florence Nightingale, stayed with her sister and brother in law for holidays at Claydon House. She had her own bedroom and sitting room. Many of her personal effects are on show. This is a Grade 1 listed building which was built in the 1750’s.
Over the last 15 years Garbot Ltd. has worked directly for the Nation Trust redecorating the external timber on every elevation, the entrance lodges and gates in lead based paints.
Hughenden Manor offers a vivid insight into the charismatic personality and colourful private life of the most unlikely Victorian Prime Minister, Benjamin Disraeli, who lived here from 1848 to 1881.
A 5 bedroomed terrace property situated in St John's Wood London
Garbot carried out extensive internal & external decorations